FIVE TIPS TO ENSURE MASK SAFETY
1. Make sure the mask fits snugly against your face, with no gaps on the sides or bottom.
It should cover your nose, mouth, and chin. If you notice your mask feels large, or feel gaps between the mask and your facial profile, try sizing down. Point.1 Nano masks are available in a large size perfect for adults and a small size that is great for children, ensuring everyone can find their ideal fit.
2. Choose a mask with an ASTM rating of “Level 3”
Higher filtration means more protection for you and your loved ones. Not all masks are created equally, traditional surgical masks do not ensure the same high level of protection and filtration that is achieved through ASTM Level 3 rated masks such as the Point.1 Nano mask.
3. Avoid touching your mask while wearing it
Since protective masks filter out harmful bacteria and viruses, try not to touch your mask. If you need to re-adjust your mask, make sure to cleanse your hands thoroughly afterwards to avoid exposure to pathogens.
4. Replace your mask if it becomes damaged or wet; A damaged mask is less effective at protecting you and others.
If you are going to re-wear a mask, inspect it first for visible damage. Anything that impacts the integrity of filtration or fit means you are losing optimal protection. For extra protection while re-wearing a mask, try spraying one of our hypochlorous acid sprays on your mask prior to re-wearing to eliminate bacteria and viruses on the mask surface.
5. Wash your hands before and after removing your mask. This helps reduce the risk of contamination
Hand washing is a simple step that ensures when you are taking off your mask you are not exposing yourself to pathogens. Make handwashing a regular part of your masking routine. For young children, check out VisiSoap - this visible soap allows your children to effectively wash their hands and have fun!
How to put on your mask to avoid contamination and ensure the best fit
When it comes to wearing a mask, you want to ensure you’re putting on your mask correctly to ensure a proper fit, optimal protection and a comfortable wear.
Here’s how to put on your mask and ensure optimal protection:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer, before handling your mask.
- Hold the mask by the ear loops or ties, and position it over your nose and mouth.
- Adjust the mask so that it fits snugly against your face, covering your nose, mouth, and chin. Ensure the mask has been optimally secured against the bridge of your nose by pressing down on the adjustable nose bridge at the top of your mask. This step not only properly ensures a protective fit but also prevents fogging of glasses.
- Ensure the mask's ear loops fit comfortably against your ears. If the ear straps do not fit comfortably, cause discomfort, or cause skin irritation, opt for the mask clip available in each Point.1 Nano Mask package.
Point. 1 Nano: The mask you can rely on
The Point 1 Nano fibre mask is a non-woven polypropylene nano-fibre mask that allows for easy breathing and high filtration of airborne particles. Filtering at a near-atomic scale, the nano-fibre filter measures 0.1 μm (micrometre) and blocks harmful substances with an efficiency of up to 99%.
The Point 1 nano-fibre mask is certified to have a Particulate Filtration Efficiency of 99.38% and a Bacterial Filtration Efficiency of 99.75%. The samples were tested using ASTM F299 test methods. You can review the full certification completed by Kinectrics, here.
Point.1 masks offer dependable protection against pathogens. Plus, it sits comfortably (but snugly!) on your face and allows you to breathe easily. They come in different sizes and even different colours.
The choice is easy this season - whether you’re in the classroom, at work, or just looking for that added layer of protection in public spaces or transit - pick a Point 1 Nano mask!